Since I got serious about being the authentic me I’ve been meditating pretty much daily. I might miss a day here or there, but it has become a regular practice for me. There are days where nothing much happens and I end by feeling relaxed, calm and peaceful. And there are days where I ask for guidance and receive it.
Then there are the days where I have a huge flash of inspiration unrelated to anything I may have asked for guidance on. Yesterday was one of those days.
As I was meditating I was working on raising my vibration with positive thoughts. A friend bought me a Mega Millions lottery ticket a couple of days earlier and I wanted to increase the possibility of winning that money through visualization and intention.
I started thinking about all the things I would do with the money, and very quickly came to understand what my larger purpose in life is. For the last few months people (business coach, intuitive healer, and astrologer) have been telling me that I haven’t yet understood fully the magnitude of my life purpose. I have taken this in, but haven’t had a clue how or where to expand my current vision of my purpose here.
Yesterday it all came to me in a flash as I meditated on how I would use hundreds of millions of dollars. The freedom of not worrying about how I would accomplish my vision freed me to see what I was meant to express in the world.
I would only have to do the things I like to do, and could hire others to do things I don’t like. Similarly I didn’t have to know how to implement my ideas; I could hire someone who was an expert to do that.
I have never thought of myself as a visionary, have seen myself as more tactical. But yesterday that all changed. I am a visionary when it comes to knowing my life purpose and how I want to express it in the world.
I’ve realized more and more over the past month or two that what I love to do is to tell my story, inspire and support people with my story, and use my gift for seeing the core of an issue to help others move forward in their lives.
Knowing that about myself, here’s the vision I had yesterday:
Things I want to do personally:
- TV and/or radio talk show
- Workshops with small groups
- One-on-one work
- Write books
Things I want to use my money to create and/or support:
- Supporting others in pursuing their passion and purpose. I saw how my expanded vision would need people I already know in order to make it reality, and in turn this would allow them to express their own purpose. Expanding on this further, I could create an organization that helped people pursue their life purpose whether in my organization or in some other way.
- Humane treatment of animals used for food (expanded to all animals eventually). I became a vegetarian a few months ago, and will probably become a vegan very soon. I don’t believe it is wrong to eat animals, but that the way in which we raise and slaughter them is inhumane.
- Childhood education on happiness, authenticity, passion, purpose and love. How wonderful would it be if as children we had been taught that it was okay to be who we really were, that who we are authentically is rooted in love, and that being authentic and full of love is what creates happiness?
- An organization dedicated to raising the happiness set-point of people, and the expression of love, around the world
- In government
- In corporations
- In schools
- In families
Changing the way we relate to ourselves, in turn changing how we relate to others. Basing this on love and authenticity, we can change the world!
By the way, I didn’t win the Mega Millions – didn’t even win $2 – but now that I have my vision clearly in my mind I know that support from the universe has to show up. I don’t know in what form that will happen, but I know it will.
Hurray for inspiration (and meditation)!